It is always better to think of safety before anything unpleasant happens. Even the safest neighborhood experiences robbery, burglary, and occasional crime. There are lot many things we can do to keep our home safe at night. Here we are discussing 7 ways to keep our home safe at night.
- Keep all the doors and windows of the house closed and ensure that they are locked properly. The open doors and windows give an invitation to the burglars. If you have a sliding door, do not forget to place a metal rod or a plywood piece in the track to prevent them from opening forcibly or lifting the door off the track.
- Use blinds or curtains in the windows especially at night to prevent an outsider from getting a clear view of what is there inside the house.
- Install motion-sensor lights at the front, back and sides of the house. Anyone who will approach your home will find himself in front of the big bright floodlights.
- Installing an alarm system is the safest way that can be helpful in keeping the home safe at night. There are hundreds of home security systems available in the market. Do not forget to hang the security system board to keep the thieves alert and away.
- Install a video doorbell as thieves usually ring the doorbell to see anyone is home or not. There are different kinds of doorbells that you can see, hear or speak to the visitors from inside and even from anywhere in the world with the latest advanced technology.
- Landscape your yard properly. The bushes and hedges by the windows should be trimmed to be of the height three feet or shorter so that the passers-by or neighbors can detect an intruder. Thorny bushes should be planted near the windows and cover the ground with gravels.
- Turn on few random lights every day at night. If you have the pet inside your house at night, do not forget to use the Best Pet Air Purifiers.